Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Crafts

Here's a simple project the girls and I did together.


We made very pretty ornaments for our family. I just love handmaking gifts for people. I don't know if they enjoy receiving them as much as we enjoy making them.

Here's what you need for these ornaments:
Clear bulbs (we bought ours at Michaels)
Tim Holtz' alcohol inks
make up sponges
die cut machine
vinyl
transfer tape for the vinyl

First we dropped some ink on a sponge



Next we dapped or smeared it all over the clear bulb. I prefer dabbing b/c it gives a cute polka dot design. Gigi was more of a smearer. Lexi is a dabber like me.


Next we let them dry.

Then we cut out different images with my Cricut using SCAL (I <3 SCAL) on the vinyl. We used the transfer tape to adhere the images to the bulbs.

All we have left to do is add some ribbon to the hoops and waa-laa we are done.


Even our Elf is getting into the spirit of craftiness!!



Blog at you soon!
Love and Hugs!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how fun!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm going to have to try that this weekend with the girls.
    Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete